The Judicial Information Systems (JIS) division of the State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) provides technical and automated information system support for the Michigan Supreme Court, the State Court Administrative Office (SCAO), and the trial courts throughout the state.
The primary functions of JIS are to:
- develop, implement, and maintain automated information systems and office automation support systems internally for all Supreme Court agencies
- maintain the telecommunication network for state judicial agencies
- provide automated reporting services for courts using JIS software and other systems software for delivery of case disposition information to the Secretary of State and Michigan State Police
- continue to develop systems to expand automated reporting to all courts and to additional state agencies
- maintain the caseload reporting system for automated collection and dissemination of caseload information
- provide technical assistance to all trial courts regarding the application of technology for judicial operations and provide direct software and hardware support to over 200 trial court locations around the state
- serve on committees and workgroups designed to develop and implement statewide court information systems
Primary services of JIS include:
- court information system design and development
- court information system support and maintenance
- data processing management assistance
- liaison to state information offices
- network management
- Supreme Court and SCAO office automation.