Currently Certified Reporters, Recorders, and Operators
To verify if a court reporter, recorder, or operator is eligible to report proceedings in the state of Michigan, click on the appropriate certification designation below. Names are listed alphabetically by last name.
- CER - Certified Electronic Recorder. Records digitally or with analog tapes.
- CSR - Certified Stenotype Reporter. Reports using steno equipment.
- CEO - Certified Electronic Operator. Operates equipment (cannot type transcripts).
- CSMR - Certified Stenomask Reporter. Reports using voice recording equipment.
- Search by Name - Individuals with multiple certifications will be listed once for each certification type.
- Search by Number - Individuals with multiple certifications will be listed once for each certification type.
- Certification Expired August 31 current year
Firms Registered to Do Business in Michigan
All court reporting firms doing business in Michigan must be registered with the State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) pursuant to MCL 600.1493(2). To access the firm registration application, click on the link below.
- Registration for Court Reporting/Recording Firm Certification (scao11b.pdf)
To verify if a court reporting firm is registered to do business in the state of Michigan, click on the link below. Firms are listed alphabetically. Any firm that does not appear on this list may not record or file transcripts of depositions or proceedings in any Michigan court.